With BT switching off the ISDN and PSTN network by 2025, there will be a requirement to move away from this technology.
This transition will begin by BT phasing out its older systems and BT will stop taking orders on new ISDN installs from 2020.
Here a few pointers on why you should move from ISDN to VOIP with Agility Comms.
– Disaster Recovery: If you currently have an on-premise phone system, what disaster recovery do you have in place? If there was a destructive event at your head office, would you lose the capability to make and receive calls? By moving to VOIP with Agility, we can have your business back up and running within minutes by using our online portal and you can answer calls from your company mobiles or other corporate owned devices.
– Agility VOIP Application: With our own VOIP Mobile App, you are able to carry your desk phone in your pocket. The Agility VOIP application allows you to make calls as if you are in the office and will present your extension when dialing out. This is especially useful for when working from home and our softphone application can also be downloaded to your laptop so you can make and receive calls as well.
– Cost Reduction: The Agility Hosted Tariff is all-inclusive of calls (very similar to the mobile tariffs you see in consumer and business.) All calls to UK Landlines and Mobiles are included and you will see your current overspend decrease to zero.
– Scalability: If you need to add new users to an ageing phone system, would this be cost effective or even possible if you are at capacity? With Agility VOIP, we can have you up and running with a new user within 10 minutes.
– Uptime: VOIP faults can be fixed a lot quicker than ISDN faults. If there is a fault in an ISDN line, typically a BT engineer will be sent out to fix the problem and the timescales can sometimes be unknown. With any VOIP, faults are normally picked up before the customer notices and are fixed within 20 minutes of the fault being acknowledged.